Your privacy is critically important to us. At Bath Short Story Award we have a few fundamental principles:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
Bath Short Story Award operates the website bathshortstoryaward.co.uk. It is Bath Short Story Award’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our website.
- Website Visitors Like most website operators, Bath Short Story Award collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Bath Short Story Award’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Bath Short Story Award’s visitors use its website. From time to time, Bath Short Story Award may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website. Bath Short Story Award also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for users and for users submitting content. Bath Short Story Award only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
- Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information Certain visitors to Bath Short Story Award’s website choose to interact with Bath Short Story Award in ways that require Bath Short Story Award to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Bath Short Story Award gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. In each case, Bath Short Story Award collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfil the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Bath Short Story Award. Bath Short Story Award does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
- Aggregated Statistics Bath Short Story Award may collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its websites. For instance, Bath Short Story Award may monitor the number of visitors to a specific page. Bath Short Story Award may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Bath Short Story Award does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
- Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information Bath Short Story Award discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Bath Short Story Award’s behalf or to provide services available at Bath Short Story Award’s website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Bath Short Story Award’s website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Bath Short Story Award will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Bath Short Story Award discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Bath Short Story Award believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Bath Short Story Award third parties or the public at large. If you are a user of the Bath Short Story Award website and have supplied your email address, Bath Short Story Award may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Bath Short Story Award and our products. We primarily use our various blogs to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Bath Short Story Award takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
- Business Transfers If Bath Short Story Award, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Bath Short Story Award goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Bath Short Story Award may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Terms and Conditions
Bath Short Story Award is a UK Partnership led by Jude Higgins, Anna Schlesinger and Jane Riekemann. Bath Short Story Award is available at bathshortstoryaward.co.uk.
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you must not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Bath Short Story Award, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 16 years old.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you send material for posting on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
By submitting Content to Bath Short Story Award for inclusion on the Website, you grant Bath Short Story Award a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your Content.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Bath Short Story Award has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Bath Short Story Award’s sole discretion, (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Bath Short Story Award’s reasonable opinion, violates any Bath Short Story Award policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Bath Short Story Award’s sole discretion. Bath Short Story Award will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. Bath Short Story Award has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, Bath Short Story Award does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Bath Short Story Award disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which bathshortstoryaward.co.uk links, and that link to bathshortstoryaward.co.uk. Bath Short Story Award does not have any control over those non-Bath Short Story Award websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Bath Short Story Award website or webpage, Bath Short Story Award does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Bath Short Story Award disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Bath Short Story Award websites and webpages.
- Changes. Bath Short Story Award reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Bath Short Story Award may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Termination. Bath Short Story Award may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement, you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. Bath Short Story Award and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Bath Short Story Award nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will Bath Short Story Award or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Bath Short Story Award under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Bath Short Story Award shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Bath Short Story Award, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.