choose quantity at checkout
Entry can be made here online via PayPal and email, or below by post and cheque. For online entry, pay using the PayPal button. Once you have your PayPal receipt, simply ‘Forward’ that receipt email – ensuring to ‘Attach’ your work – to the following email address:
Payments are securely handled by PayPal. Alternatively, you may prefer to use your Credit/Debit card by selecting the appropriate payment method on the PayPal page.
How to Enter Online: Step by Step
- Have your entry file on your computer and ready for submission. Acceptable file types are odt, doc, docx, txt and pdf. The file name must be the title of your piece. If your work does not have a title, then the file name must be the first five words of your piece. Full details are in the Rules.
- Click on the PayPal buttons above.
- Pay using your PayPal account or using your Credit/Debit card. If you pay by Credit/Debit card, please take care when entering your email address, as this is the address we use to contact you.
- Following payment verification, you are returned to this site.
- Check your email for your PayPal receipt.
- Click on ‘Forward’ to forward the email.
- ‘Attach’ your entry file to the email.
- ‘Send’ your entry to the following address.
How to Enter by Post
- Payment: Sterling cheques or postal orders for £8.00 (or multiples of £8.00 for more than one story) payable to Bath Short Story Award are acceptable. We do not accept cheques in other currencies.
- Contact Details: On a piece of paper separate from your story(ies) list the following: Full name, email address (or postal address and telephone number if you have no email) and post code. These details are required in case you are long or short listed and to see if you are eligible for the local prize. We’d appreciate it, if you could say how you heard about the competition. Thank you.
- Send: Cheque or postal order, contact details, and your paper-clipped and page-numbered story(ies) to 20 Penn Lea Road, Bath, BA1 3RA, UK. Please do not send by Special Delivery or Recorded/Registered Mail – we may not be around to sign for it.